Get in Touch
Get In Touch
We are at your disposal Monday to Friday between 9:00 and 17:00.
3 Alexandra Street
WA8 7RX, UK
T: 0151 420 1140
M: 0751 206 1705
Email us at:
Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern access to and use of the services provided by Ambassador Coach Travel. Please read these terms carefully and do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions.
1. Policy Wording
‘Ambassador Coach Travel’ and ‘we/us/our’ includes the aforementioned Company and any person or organisation nominated by the Management to act on behalf of Ambassador Coach Travel.
‘You/your/the Party’ addresses the party lead whose name is signed on the Drivers Work Sheet. They are solely responsible for any liaison with Ambassador Coach Travel, unless they are rendered unable, or deemed incompetent by the Management or a healthcare professional, to do so.
2. Privacy Notice
It is crucial that you let us know of any changes to the contact details we will require to process your booking and carry out your hire (usually a phone number, email address, or for payment, bank details if requested). Failure to do so may result in your hire being cancelled with no refund.
3. Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, Ambassador Travel, any third party licensor or their respective directors, officers, contractors, employees, agents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies will not be responsible for any indirect, incidental, punitive, special, consequential or exemplary damages arising from your use of our services.
If applicable law does not allow all or any part of the above limitation of liability to apply to you, the limitations will apply to you only to the extent permissible by applicable law.
a) The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle at all times and as such may remove any passenger whose behaviour prejudices safety or is in breach of the Public Service Vehicle (Conduct of Drivers, Inspectors, Conductors and Passengers) Regulations 1990. These regulations set out certain rights and responsibilities on all parties and full details of these can be obtained from the company on request.
b) The hirer (whose name is signed on the Drivers work sheet) is responsible for ensuring the safety and good behaviour of all passengers on board. The hirer is responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle by any passenger for the duration of the hire.
c) The consumption and or carrying of alcohol in the passenger compartment of company vehicles is strictly forbidden. This is detailed on the Drivers work sheet signed by the hirer prior to commencement of the journey.
d) Hirers should note that this company operates a policy of no smoking on all company vehicles. This policy will be strictly enforced. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure all passengers are aware of our policy and any transgression of this may result in the hire being cancelled with immediate effect at the discretion of the driver.
e) The company reserve the right to impose additional charges on the hirer following completion of the hire if the passengers have left the vehicle in an unreasonably untidy condition or have required additional time or mileage which was not detailed in the original booking.
f) Ambassador Coach Travel do not accept any liability for damage, injury or loss for any passenger standing up or walking around the vehicle whilst in motion.
g) No passenger may be carried in excess of the seating capacity of the vehicle and passengers must wear the seat belts provided at all times.
h) All passengers must comply with the wishes and instructions of the driver and failure to do so may result in termination of hire.
5. Cargo, Luggage, Storage
All vehicles hired by the company are subject to restrictions on carrying luggage for statutory safety reasons. Large bulky items may not be able to be carried and the hirer should take all steps to notify the company in advance of such requirements.
The company accepts any personal property of the hirer and their passengers on the understanding that it will take all reasonable steps to avoid loss or damage. The hirer should notify the company or the driver if items of exceptional value are to be carried on the vehicle. It is the hirer’s responsibility to minimise risk of loss when property is left unattended.
The company will not be responsible for any damage to, or loss of, personal property left in vehicles, howsoever caused.
5.1 Prohibited Items
The following items are strictly prohibited on all of our vehicles:
- Illegal drugs, including those prohibited under the Psychoactive Substances Act 2016 (‘legal highs’.
- Compressed gases of any description, except when stored away in luggage.
- Flammable liquids (lighter fluid, gasoline, paraffin, butane etc.)
- Matches, except when stored away in luggage.
- Fireworks, sparklers, gunpowder or any other explosives. Party poppers are permitted but must be stowed away, inaccessible during transit.
- Glass bottles
- Ammunition of any sort
- Firearms, paintball guns, BB guns
- Scissors or knives with a cutting blade of more than 2in (e.g. first aid scissors are fine, kitchen scissors are not)
- Lithium batteries
- Infectious or hazardous materials, including poisons and irritants dangerous to others
- Radioactive materials
- Malodorants, e.g. stink bombs
- Electrical or battery powered wheelchairs, golf buggies or shopping trolleys are stowed entirely at the owner’s risk and transport of these items is undertaken at the discretion of the Driver and the management. It is the responsibility of the party lead to inform the Company of any of these items being taken aboard so that the risk can be assessed prior to transport. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation of the hire by the Management.
- Stick or club type implements are not permitted in the passenger compartment. For golf trips, these will be transported in our purpose built Trailer which may incur an extra cost.
The Company reserves the right to, where necessary, substitute one of our own vehicles for that of another company, provided the vehicle has a similar seating capacity that meets the party’s requirements.
If it is necessary for the Company to send a vehicle with surplus seating to requirements, we reserve the right to do so at no additional cost to the hirer, unless the surplus seats are then used.
7. Driver Regulations
The hours of operation for the driver are regulated by law and the hirer accepts the responsibility of ensuring the hire keeps to the hours and times agreed by the Company. Neither the hirer nor any passenger shall delay or otherwise interrupt the journey in such a way that the driver is at risk of breaching regulations relating to driving hours and duty time. If any breach is likely to occur, the hirer will be responsible for any additional costs incurred unless it is outside the control of the hirer.
8) Price and Payment
a) Prices are quoted in GBP Pound Sterling. You must pay in the currency stated. If you do not hold an account in the relevant currency you may pay by debit or credit card, BACs, PayPal or another method approved (in writing) by the Management. Your card company should exchange the currency of your country at their current rate.
b) Payment or a deposit may sometimes be required before Ambassador Coach Travel provide their services to you, and if not, payment will be required within a set period (this will be outlined on the Invoice).
c) Payment may be made by credit card, debit card, cash or any other such method as Ambassador Coach Travel deems suitable at the discretion of the Management.
d) Ambassador Coach Travel reserves the right to refuse any payment made in any form.
9. Circumstances beyond our control
Ambassador Coach Travel cannot guarantee that your requirements will be exactly met. Where possible, we will aim to accommodate your needs in any capacity (e.g. sending two smaller vehicles where one large capacity vehicle is not available) and will seek to inform you of any such changes before your journey. However, in the event of circumstances beyond our control (such that we cannot change or influence them), such as:
- Extreme weather conditions which would place the driver(s) and/or passengers in severe danger. This decision will be taken by the Management after consultation with the Driver;
- Traffic situations which are beyond the control of the driver. Unexpected delays, accidents and any other incident comes under this umbrella; roadworks where possible will be accounted for by the Driver, but when booking where possible please leave plenty of time for you to arrive at your destination;
- Other emergencies beyond our control. These include rioting, animals in the road, severe illness or death of a passenger or a member of staff from causes external, arrest of a member of staff, or public safety emergencies such as bomb threats, active shooter situations, fires etc. that are out of the control of the Drivers and the management;
- Acts of terrorism – an act of any person acting on behalf of or in connection with any organisation which carries out activities directed towards the overthrowing or influencing, by force or violence, of H.M. Government in the United Kingdom or any legitimate government whether or not legally established;
- Acts of God. This includes earthquakes, floods, tsunamis, hurricanes, lightning strikes and other natural disasters, fallen trees, other unpredictable, freak events;
Ambassador Coach Travel cannot, and refuse to, accept liability for consequences, including damages or losses, arising when these circumstances occur.
N.B. This list is not exhaustive. Ambassador Coach Travel reserves the right to further clarify on circumstances beyond our control should a situation arise where the definition is unclear.
Refunds are always awarded at the discretion of the Management on a case by case basis. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the service we have provided, please contact us at [email protected] where we will be happy to discuss any queries you may have regarding a refund.
10.1 Circumstances under which a refund will not be given include:
- Payment not received in full before the commencement of the journey unless otherwise arranged in writing
- Damage to the interior or exterior of our vehicles, including dirt and debris which will need to be removed before the vehicle can be used again.
- Alcohol taken on board our vehicles. This is against the law and could result in prosecution for both the passengers and the driver.
- Illegal drug taking on board our vehicles. Again, this is prohibited by law. If there is found to be drug taking on board, Ambassador Coach Travel has a moral obligation to report this to the Police and will do so without hesitation.
- Food taken on board / consumed on board our vehicles.
- Circumstances beyond our control (see named section).
- Any other circumstance deemed by the Management as warranting retention of any monies already paid.
In the event of a complaint about the company’s services, the hirer should endeavour to seek a solution at the time by seeking assistance from the driver, or from the company by calling our support staff on 0151 423 6659. If this has not provided a remedy, complaints should be submitted in writing via email and within 14 days of the termination of the hire.